PRIMARY OBJECTIVE: The Scientist position is open to innovative and highly motivated candidates with a Ph.D. degree and 2 + years post-degree experience in protein engineering. A successful candidate will work with a cross-functional team responsible for discovery and development of novel therapeutic proteins. The incumbent will be a result-oriented self-starter with a commitment to teamwork and reliability.
ABOUT ARCELLX: Arcellx (http://arcellxdev.com/) is a venture-backed, early-stage biotech company focused on the development of novel cell-based cancer therapies. The company is located in Gaithersburg, Maryland and has assembled a team of biotechnology professionals with expertise in biologics discovery, characterization, and development. Lead products will incorporate proprietary technologies that enhance tumor-specific killing by genetically engineered human immune cells.
The main responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Design, generate and characterize recombinant proteins, including biopharmaceutical products.
- Develop and execute selection and screening strategies using phage display.
- Evaluate existing and novel technologies to enhance products and streamline discovery workflows.
- Independently plan, design, execute, record and analyze experiments.
- Write and review technical protocols and reports.
- PhD in the life sciences (e.g. Biochemistry, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Biology, immune-oncology), with minimum of 2 years post-degree experience in protein engineering.
- Extensive experience in the design, construction, expression, characterization and optimization of recombinant proteins. Experience with biopharmaceutical product design and lead optimization.
- Experience in the design and execution of selection and screening strategies, utilizing phage display (or a related display method).
- Proficiency with high throughput screening, sequencing and characterization of bacterial clones.
- Experience with optimizing expression yield and quality. Experience with multiple protein expression systems (e.g. bacterial, yeast or mammalian systems) is preferred.
- Experience utilizing and developing appropriate methods for assessment of protein-protein interactions.
- Commitment to ethical scientific investigations and rigorous experimental methods.
- Ability and desire to multitask and function in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment.
- Demonstrated ability to think critically and analyze and interpret data independently.
- Sense of urgency in performance of duties.
- Interpersonal skills that promote a collaborative and productive lab environment.
- Effective and efficient written and oral communication skills.
Without exception, applicants must submit both a cover letter and resume to be considered for these positions and must have experience in one of the fields listed above.